Saturday, December 25, 2010

Meniere's disease Second edition

History:


In late 19th century Prosper Meniere described a condition characterized by ear block, tinnitus, and vertigo. He even correctly identified the site of lesion to be labyrinth. It wont be a understatement to say that precious little has been added to the knowledge and understanding of the disorder since then. Prosper Meniere infact lived far ahead of his time. He was born in 1799 in France. In 1848 he began to translate the text book on hearing loss authored by Kramer. The book was written in German. This kindled his interest in otology.
In his classical seminal reports he goes on to describe a series of patients who presented with neural deafness, with hearing loss greater for low frequencies. Deafness was commonly unilateral in these patients. These patients usually  present with tinnitus, vertigo, nausea and vomiting. He reported that these patients had a normal ear drum. He also reported that these symptoms were completely reversible.

Download the e book from here:




2 comments:

AltiusHospital said...

This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again.Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery in bangalore | Vaginal Surgeries in bangalore| Infertility Surgery Treatment in Bangalore | Gynaecology Hospitals in Bangalore
Contact us: +91 80 23151873 | +91 9900031842 | Fax: +91 8023116750

Anonymous said...

I was active in sports and frequent cycles around. Few years ago, I started to have knee pain and my doctor advised me to go for knee cap replacement. but I didn't search online for herbal cure, then I came to know about Dr Itua herbal center online and started to take his herbal medicines daily. To my surprise , my pain was relieved within weeks and the doctor told me I didn't have to go for the surgery.I'm glad to let everyone here on health conditions should contact Dr Itua herbal center on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com for any types of herbal medicines such as Herpes Cure,Hiv Cure,Parkinson Cure,Diabetes Cure,Lupus Cure, HPV Cure, MS Cure,ALS Cure,Cancer Cure, Pregnancy Herbal Medicines.Dr Itua has all such herbal cure for all diseases and it's all permanent cure.